We had a few issues this week with installing Visual Studio 11 Beta with LightSwitch on top of an existing installation of Visual Studio 2010 with LightSwitch. After a lot of installs and reinstalls we worked it out.
Here is what we did (we’ve included links to help you find the correct files).
- Install Visual Studio 2010 SP1 (this might also install Silverlight 4 which is needed for LightSwitch 2011)
- Install the Visual Studio SDK SP1. There is also an SDK called Visual Studio SDK (without the SP1), but that’s the wrong one!
- Install LightSwitch 2011( Trial Version)
- Install the LightSwitch 2011 Extensibility Toolkit
- Install Visual Studio 11 beta (this will automatically install Silverlight 5, make sure you don’t have Silverlight 5 beta already installed, otherwise it won’t automatically upgrade to Silverlight 5 and LightSwitch won’t run properly)
- Install the Visual Studio 11 beta SDK
- Install the LightSwitch Extensibility Toolkit for VS11
Hope this helps!