Some of the consumer features:
- Smarter Apps & Live Tiles
- Local Scout
- App Connect
- Internet Explorer 9
- People-centric pictures
- Quick Cards
- Enhanced Hubs
New API’s in Silverlight for Windows Phone OS 7.1 on MSDN Library – its big, very big!
Go open up VS2010 ‘New Project’ and…
And here is an example of a warm Dutch welcome to the settings page Mango style…
- Makes NoDo look like Windows Phone V0.1 software
- Wp Tools 7.0 and 7.1 work side by side @mikehole
- More app samples than you can shake a stick at
- App Connect, Local Scout and Quick Cards > location aware
- Synergy between XNA and Silverlight in hybrid apps
- Local Database for Windows Phone
- Camera Applications for Windows Phone
- Internet Explorer Mobile 9 is DOA Without Touch Support
- Exceptions with ReSharper 9?
- Non-USA data for Local Scout?
- Debugging Xaml Data Bindings – works for SL4/SL5 not phone
- Checked French and saw some string resources not translated (yet) in settings!
We will update this blog article with news, bug details, resources links and feedback as it becomes available.
- APP HUB News Details
- Follow on The Windows Phone Developer Blog
- Update MSDN Windows Phone Development
- MSDN documentation on New API’s
- MVVM Light Toolkit patch from Laurent Bugnion
- Culture and Language Support – MSDN
- Xpert360 Ltd – who allow time for blogging